Scope of work: 6 mobile activations for new product (new strain) to tour the existing california market, as well as launch their products in the new markets of MI & AZ. Statewide tours for all 3. 10ft x 10ft max footprint, with modular capabilities to support reconfiguration.
- Challenge: Create an immersive experience that could standout and have a large presence, with the ability to be broken down easily (less than 1 hour, by 2 people) and fit into a sprinter van
- Desired experience: Re-creating the nostalgic feel of shopping at 7/11 for snacks as a kid, inside brand partners brick and mortar locations, while giving customers an opportunity to touch and feel the products, and securing their information.
What We were presented with
- Renderings: Mock up of a basic counter/display shelf
- Brand assets/support from the graphics team to ensure proper usage of brand assets
What we came up with
- Designed a modular “convenience store” (that could be broken into 2 activations if necessary) including:
- 2 “counters” big enough for 2 people to work at.
- Display shelf complete with translucent door
- Bubble mirror- for selfies
- Branded Rugs- 2 rugs per activation, one with reversed branding to be displayed in front of the bubble mirror so that it read correctly during selfies
- Branded hot dog roller that rolled products
- Branded “parking”/no loitering signs
- Branded parking curbs
- Branded “donut” display
- Brand lotto ticket display and accompanying (branded) lotto tickets
what we executed on
Engineering/build/procurement of all components, packaging/crating and shipping of each, as well as hosted a crew at our studio to film “how-to” assembly video
- Featured in AdWeek for notable Activation.
- This activation completed over 100 pop-up stops and has since continued onward.
Lead Designer: FoF